Dear Residents and Family Members,
As owners of Legacy Management Group, we want to continue to provide you with updated information and changes in our policies and procedures regarding COVID-19. Each day we are learning more and more about how to move forward and protect those within our care. We have been in direct communication with the Montana Department of Health and are taking their recommendations. As you are aware, both Federal and State Governments are increasing their restrictions of social interaction between individuals. Because we are caring for such a vulnerable population we hope that you can understand and respect the updated steps we are taking to prevent, or at least limit, the impact of COVID-19 in any of our communities. After receiving further direction today from the Montana Department of Health we are modifying our policy and will continue to update you as we learn more. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may bring as we do everything we can to implement safety precautions to protect your loved ones.
We ask you to continue to work with the Administrator within your specified community as they have the most up-to-date information from local health officials. Thank you for your understanding during these uncertain times. As we implement these policy changes we want to reassure you that we are doing everything possible to protect your loved ones. Thank you again for your trust and understanding.
COVID-19 within Legacy Communities
(Date 3/18/20 – Time 7:30 PM)
Visitors will be limited to essential medical personnel only or end of life care. * See Administrator for details 1.1. No one under 18 will be allowed to enter the Assisted Living Community.
1.2. Only Nurses from outside Home Health and Hospice Agencies will be allowed access to their specific residents within the community.
2. No residents will be allowed to leave their assigned Assisted Living Community unless it’s a medical emergency.
3. No group activities of any size.
3.1. All activities are canceled until further notice.
4. The Montana Department of Health is encouraging, but not required, all residents to eat in their room/apartment. However, if residents would like to eat in the dining room, they are asking that there only be one resident per table to ensure proper distancing. 4.1. No fees will be incurred for any meals delivered to residents' rooms.
5. The Montana Department of Health is encouraging social distancing of six to eight feet for all social interactions between residents.
6. Cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting and handwashing protocol in-service training is required and is continuing to be implemented for ALL staff members per CDC protocol. It will continue to be updated as new guidelines are implemented by State and Local authorities.
6.1. All training will be documented for all staff and will be made available for State Health Department inspectors.
7. For those who are needing Assisted Living services, please contact the Administrator for information on tours and move-in procedures.
*Some communities may require additional modifications based on their current situation.
8. The Legacy has recently conducted a company-wide staff survey to help identify high-risk staff members and each case is being addressed on a case by case basis, to ensure the residents/staff safety.
Resident Surveillance Rounds:
STILL IN EFFECT · Temperatures of all staff members will be taken at the start of every shift. Any sign of illness staff member will leave immediately until Doctors orders are received that they are permitted to work.
STILL IN EFFECT · If any resident has a temperature, isolation will be initiated until the Physician gives further instruction.
STILL IN EFFECT · We will work directly with the Physician and follow all directions given to us to ensure the safety of the resident, community residents, and staff.
Building safety and sanitation:
STILL IN EFFECT · Hand sanitizers are located throughout the building and on entry.
STILL IN EFFECT · Please wash hands before and after meals and before and after entering any apartment.
STILL IN EFFECT · The community will be cleaning the common areas a minimum of four times a day and if required, that number will be increased.
STILL IN EFFECT · Hand Washing and sanitizing stations have been put in place with signs establishing strict guidelines and controls for visitors and staff before and after visits.
STILL IN EFFECT · We continue to have regular contact and conversations with all our suppliers to keep supplies coming to the communities; and to ensure a clean and healthy community.
STILL IN EFFECT · Limited entry and screening will take place with the delivery drivers.
STILL IN EFFECT · No outside performers, volunteers, or group activities will be held until further notice. We continue to encourage phone calls and utilizing other electronic means of keeping in touch with your loved ones.
STILL IN EFFECT · Church services have been canceled until further notice.
STILL IN EFFECT · Church visits are encouraged by telephone only if needed.
STILL IN EFFECT, · Family members will not be permitted to eat at the community until further notice.
STILL IN EFFECT, · Activity directors will be helping with cleaning, food delivery, and providing one on one activity opportunities if possible, based on how things develop.
STILL IN EFFECT
In the last 14 days:
Have you had a fever?
Have you had a cough?
Have you traveled outside of Montana in the last 30 days?
Have you been in contact with anyone that has had a cough, sore throat, fever or difficulty breathing?
If the visitor and/or staff member answers yes to any of the above questions, then the person will not be allowed to enter the community.
If the visitor answers no to the above questions, then a staff member will take the visitors' temperature to verify their health.